For national potato chip day, celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian( owner of “Georgie” restaurant here in LA) and Steve Harvey are making chicken paillard with crispy potato chips. A dish so easy, you'll want to make this at home. (and now you can!) See the recipe below.
Chicken Paillard Recipe - Serves: 6
6 ea Double Chicken Breast, from a 2.5# Chicken, off the bone in 1 piece
1 cup AP Flour
3 ea Egg, beaten
½ cup Potato Flakes
1 cup Potato Chips, crushed
Canola Oil, as needed
½ cup Parsley, thinly sliced
2T Lemon juice
2 oz Sherry Vinegar
2T Dijon Mustard
2 oz Honey
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup Canola Oil
2 cup Baby Arugula
1 cup Radicchio, diced ½”
1 cup Yellow Endive, thinly sliced
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved
½ cup Cherry Tomato, halved
Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 375F. In a shallow flat container, mix the potato chips and potato flakes.
- Lay the double chicken breasts (two breasts, in one piece with the skin intact) in between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to thin the chicken by half of its original thickness. Season the chicken with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Dust the chicken with the AP flour and shake off the excess. Then dredge the chicken in the beaten egg, remove any excess, and finish by coating with the potato chip and flake mixture.
- Heat a thin film of canola oil in a heavy bottom shallow pan over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to “shimmer”, add the chicken to the pan, skin side down. It should sizzle and not stick when the pan is lightly shaken. Allow the chicken to lightly brown around the edges and transfer to the oven, skin side down. After about 7 minutes, remove the chicken and flip over. Return to the oven until finished cooking, about 3 more minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Garnish with parsley right before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Season with kosher salt and fresh pepper. Slowly begin to stream the oil into the mixture to form an emulsified vinaigrette. Re-season if necessary and store, chilled.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the arugula, radicchio, and endive. Toss in the parmesan cheese and tomato. Dress the mixture with the desired amount of vinaigrette and season with kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- To finish, place the chicken in the center of the plate. Top the chicken breasts with the salad and serve.